Thanks Eugene/Igor.. Finally managed to solve the issue.

Since I don't get this error if I replace the panel with an empty panel or
any other panel I started focussing on the panel that is being replaced
with. I removed components one by one and finally ended up with this
datelabel. If the date label is added I got this error, if not no error.
Then I discovered it is all caused by the timezone flag in
patterdateconverter. If applyTimezone diff flag is true it gives me this
error.

 item.add(new DateLabel("createdTime", new PatternDateConverter("dd MMM yyyy
hh:mm a", true)));

How should I solve this ? For now I have changed the timezone flag to false.
Also please point me to any informations on how to handle timezone
differences in application.

Thanks,
cresc..