I might have sounded a bit negative in my replay, but that is actually not the case. I kind of like, that enclosure is consistent with the rest of wicket (where you have to match hierarchies). Also I accept the extra code I have to add in Java class as a "punishment" for being lazy and not extracting the logic I am putting in enclosure in a separate component. Also most of the previous discussion in a list was for keeping the things as they are currently - after the change :) Reason I am not upgrading to newer version is just a lack of time - checking for missing children in enclosures is a bit time consuming ... :(