First of all: I asked this question already at http://www.coderanch.com/t/481846/Application-Frameworks/Application-Frameworks/Wicket-Changes-html-files-are where no one could help me.

To my problem:

I have here a little bug which is completly weird in my opinion.
Usually when you are changing a html-file, you just need to save it and it is directly available in the browser after a refresh. But this behaviour is not working in my environment. I always have to deploy the complete project. It is not a problem of my project. I verified this by trying the exactly same project and also the quickstart from the official Wicket site on a different machine where it works as expected. So it must be somewhere in my configuration but I cannot figured it out where / what / why.

Machine one, where it is not working runs on Ubuntu 9.10, IDE is Netbeans 6.8 with Maven 2.2.1, server is a Tomcat 6.0.24 (also tried Tomcat 6.0.18 and also Jetty). Machine two, where it is working runs on Windows XP, IDE is Netbeans 6.7.1 with Maven 2.2.1, server is a Tomcat 6.0.18.

I am definitely running the development mode (verified this also by calling Application.get().getConfigurationType()). I tried the Wicket versions 1.4.4, 1.4.5 and 1.4.6. All the same. On the Ubuntu-System it's not working. I also tried already to start Netbeans as root-user on the Linux-system, just in case some access rights on my file-system are not sufficient. Without any change in the result.

Only thing I found while searching was http://markmail.org/message/fqpioxh7dir67ttj#query:wicket%20html%20refresh+page:1+mid:ca74uawyqzjyj5v5+state:results where a mismatched dependency was the problem. But this does not seem to be my problem. In JIRA I couldn't find anything related.

Anyone else encountered this problem? And even if not, I'm also open for blue shots what I might try because I have no clue what might cause this behaviour. Or anyone knows in which class the code for the reloading resides? I haven't found it yet, after a quick glance at the wicket sources.
Help here is really appreciated. Thanks in advance for any comments.