You could easily extend WicketTester and FormTester to support selecting
in org.apache.wicket.extensions.markup.html.form.select.Select.

Take a look at the

public void select(String formComponentId, int index)

method in FormTester and

public FormTester newFormTester(String path, boolean fillBlankString)

in BaseWicketTester on how to do it.