I admit I didn't research in-depth what you've suggested, but from the
quoted piece it seems that your suggestion will find all subclasses of
ResourceReference. But to actually test that all resources are properly
mapped, it would be necessary to locate all invocations of the
ResourceReference constructors and scan their parameters. I have hard time
imagining how it could possibly work without resorting to AspectJ (or AOP in
general).

Also the same problem may be relevant for e.g. Image() and possibly other
stuff.

Basically, unless I completely misunderstand what you're suggesting, I don't
really see how such scanning might work.