Good to know I contributed something useful to this thread haha.

The code looks like the stuff I had in mind.

You gotta love Wicket for making it quite easy to do this stuff; Although
the URL encoding/decoding can be quite complex for beginners, but that is
likely to be fixed in the future (I've had a look at Matej's wicket-ng
implementation, and it looks very promising).