Thanks for the tip on the reuseItems method. The solution to my problem was to call setLabel with a component specific name for each dynamic FormComponent.

From: "Sergey Olefir" <solf.li...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 4:36 AM
To: <users@wicket.apache.org>
Subject: Re: FeedbackPanel for Dynamic Form

I'm not 100% sure what exactly is your issue, but have you taken a look at
subclasses of IFeedbackMessageFilter ? They allow filtering messages based
on component instance, for example. You will have to use reuseItems=true in
ListView though most likely.

Brad Grier wrote:

I've written a dynamic form engine which does its work using a ListView
and Fragment subclasses representing the various form fields. Everything
works great including saving and retrieving form information. Now that the
fun is over, I've run into a problem adding validation. In the markup for
the fragment subclasses, the wicket:id is always "field". That's
okay...until I try to add a FeebackPanel to the form to report validation
errors. Since the identifier for every form field is the same, the
messages displayed in the panel are useless. Any advice?