You can use grouping and "AND" and "OR" operators to improve the
accuracy... but there is no great magic to Trends, it's hard to pull
awesome stats out of commonly named things from it.

Usually the news articles help you know if it's hitting the right
search items, but a lot of times they are missing. I just tried more
specific terms:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=(gwt)|(google+web+toolkit),+(apache+wicket)|(java+wicket)|(wicket+1.3)|(wicket+1.4)&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

and it comes up with garbage... using just 'wicket' isn't great
because if you Google for it, you'll notice maybe the 2nd/3rd/etc.
results are for basketing and what not.

Anyone else have suggestions?