I once tested when Tomcat sessions actually get expired, and it can be very much longer than the given session-timeout value. Probably if there was active traffic the session would be recycled sooner, but I think if you need accurate timing then you have to implement something yourself rather than depend on the servlet container.

Bng

Martin Asenov wrote:
Hello, everyone!

In web.xml, I've set so:

       <session-config>
             <session-timeout>30</session-timeout>
       </session-config>

However, the session never expires, and typing the app IP this morning I get in
use the very old session from yesterday evening. And I get some hibernate
closed connection exceptions...

Would someone give a hint?

Regards,