First, thanks for your help yesterday with the form id question, setMarkupId()
solved my problem.

I have a generic page design question for you: how do you handle situations
when your page form does not map easily to your domain objects? I can map 90%
of the form's fields to my domain object, but there are a couple fields from
which I derive values on my domain object. I can solve this by creating a Java
object that maps one-to-one with my form and then constructing my domain
object(s) from that form object, but is there a better way / best practice way
of handling this situation?

Thanks for your insight!
Steve