You cannot have a seo-friendly url _and_ pass objects. If you want to pass an
object to another page (say a Product), then you need to create a
constructor on the target page which accepts a Product or an
IModel<Product>. You can then call setResponsePage( new TargetPage( product
) ); The upside is that you only query the database once for the product,
but the url is not seo-friendly.