Hi,

I'm looking for a good source of information on Wicket's support for
browser's back button and also on what happens when user opens a new
tab/window. I feel this is something I need to understand well before
we can deploy our first Wicket application in production.

I found this:
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/browser-back-forward.html
But this is rather old page, so I'm not sure it's still accurate.
Furthermore after reading that page I'm still unsure what it all
implies.

For example, regarding 'back button' support, after a little
experimentation it seems as if Wicket serializes/stores each page it
generates -- including all the data involved. E.g. if I have
multi-page wizard that stores all data in a single object, and if I
fill pages 1 & 2 (and I'm currently at page 3), but then use browser's
'back' button to go to page 1 and submit that -- I'll get empty page 2
-- with all the data I've entered previously 'forgotten'. That seems
to strongly imply data serialization.

So what actually happens when browser's back button is used?

And similarly -- what happens when user opens new tab/window in the
middle of the wizard? Does user then get two completely separate
wizard forms that can be changed/submitted separately? Or something
else?

Thanks in advance!