I started a JSR-299 integration project a while back, but at the time there
was no portable way (across vendors) to get to the stuff you needed to
inject into your components.  I believe that's been fixed in the latest API,
but I haven't had a chance to dig in and verify that and then use it.  My
guess is that there's really not that much to it (my code was pretty
small).