Hi,

we've got several examples in our logs of properties of the model
being set to null even though the textfield is set to required.
I have NO idea how on earth this can happen - its just doesn't make
sense - and its really frustrating me!!

here's an example:

        at org.apache.commons.codec.digest.DigestUtils.md5(DigestUtils.java:86)
        at
org.apache.commons.codec.digest.DigestUtils.md5Hex(DigestUtils.java:108)
        at
hub.app.wicket.admin.ChangePasswordPage$1.onSubmit(ChangePasswordPage.java:49)
        at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.delegateSubmit(Form.java:1518)

                 Form<User> form = new Form<User>("form", new
CompoundPropertyModel<User>(new HibernateEntityModel<User>(User.class,
u.getId()))) {
                        @Override
                        protected void onSubmit() {
                                User u = getModelObject();

u.setPassword(DigestUtils.md5Hex(u.getPassword());
                                userDAO.save(u);

                                setRedirect(true);

setResponsePage(HubApplication.get().getHomePage());
                        }

                };
                form.add(new Label("email"));
                PasswordTextField password = new PasswordTextField("password");
                form.add(password);
                PasswordTextField repeatPassword = new
PasswordTextField("repeatPassword");
                repeatPassword.setModel(password.getModel());
                form.add(repeatPassword);

                form.add(new EqualPasswordInputValidator(password,
repeatPassword));
                form.add(new SubmitLink("submitLink"));
                add(form);

This is just one example - we see elsewhere in the logs sometimes a
textfield that is setrequired(true) ends up nullpointering somewhere
when saving the object.

What could do this?