Hi Alex,

I am not sure it is a good idea to include this code in Wicket core (or extension). It will make Wicket's URL handling even more nontransparent then it already is. For well tested applications you can use the workaround, but I'd hate to maintain this code for each and every corner case, especially knowing that Wicket 1.5 will thoroughly improve URL handling.

Regards,
   Erik.

Alex Objelean wrote:
Hi Eric!
I've noticed that you have already posted the solution on your blog
(http://blog.jteam.nl/2010/02/24/wicket-root-mounts/). Thank you for sharing
it with us.
One question, why BookmarkablePageRequestTargetUrlCodingStrategy#encode
method is still final even in wicket-1.4.7 if there is a good use-case for
extending it?

Also, maybe you could add this contribution to wicket core or at least
wicket-extension?

Thank you!
Alex Objelean
Erik van Oosten wrote:
Hi Nishant,

This is tricky stuff.

Here is some information: http://old.nabble.com/How-to-catch-unknown-%28not-mounted%29-URLs--td14949092.html
Another approach is to do redirects from a servlet filter.

If you have a couple of days of patience I'll have finished a blog article on it, with example code to make it a lot easier from within
Wicket.

Regards,
     Erik.