Hi,

Wicket has its own mind - it changes IDs in HTML forms so JavaScript
breaks.

Example:

Source:
<input type="button" wicket:id="addButton" id="addButton"
value="Add"/>

Generated:
<input type="button" id="addButtona" value="Add" name="addButton"/>

Please note that Wicket renames the id from "addButton" to
"addButtona" while it does not change the name attribute value.

So we would have to create a Button subclass and:

    @Override
    public String getMarkupId(){
        // As an example, use the wicket:id value ...
        return getId();
    }

and in HTML, we have to write a warning as a reminder of this hack:
    <!-- Wicket overrides id from wicket:id value -->

This is a maintenance problem and a performance problem because the
additinal classes cost memory and CPU.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bernard