On 04/15/10 13:06, James Perry wrote:
I can sympathise with that. However I don't think it would be a
maintenance nightmare if the constructors are set to private; but that
would mean a dramatic API change for such convenience and I'm guessing
you're not willing to do this.

Apart from the huge change for questionable benefit, that would also remove inheritance, which is essential to the Wicket way, because you can't extend a class with private constructors only. If you can, get a hold of Bloch, Effective Java, and read the insightful chapter on the constructor vs. static factory method trade-off.

-- Thomas

Best,
James.