In Netbeans, in the Maven pom.xml I have the following:

<resource>

<filtering>false</filtering>

<directory>src/main/html</directory>

<targetPath>com/mydomain/myproject</targetPath>

<excludes>

<exclude>**/public/</exclude>

</excludes>

</resource>

<resource>

<filtering>false</filtering>

<directory>src/main/html/public</directory>

<targetPath>${project.build.directory}/${project.build.finalName}/public</targetPath>

</resource>

This same pom.xml does not work with eclipse.  Does anyone know why.

Why, you ask?

in the src/main/html folder I have all of the html pages for the site.  This
way I can just zip up the folder and send it over to the designer without
remove the .java/property files.  In the html folder there is a public
folder used for css/image files, or none dynamic pages.

In netbeans:

Files in the src/main/html get copied to the class folder excluding the
public.

Public folder is copied to the target root, accessible to all (no special
coding for images, or css).

In eclipse this works if I remove the

<resource>

<filtering>false</filtering>

<directory>src/main/html/public</directory>

<targetPath>${project.build.directory}/${project.build.finalName}/public</targetPath>

Any eclipse experts out there :).

Thanks!