This is typically not Wicket initialization.  The quickstart starts up in
less than two seconds.  You need to look at your domain / service / data
layers.  It's typically Spring / Hibernate loading / initializing that takes
a long time (I've seen apps that take many *minutes* to start up).

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com