Our validator is always on in development mode, so that would require
completely turning off the attribute (which is what I did now), but the
attribute can be very useful for debugging, so I'm loosing that functionality
right now. Can't it be a tri-state configuration option
(ON/SELENIUM_COMPATIBLE/OFF)? Perhaps this can be implemented in wicket 1.5?