Hello,

Working on integration of a wicket portlet in the upcoming Liferay 6, I
am currently facing a problem with the way Wicket encapsulates inline
javascript.
Looking at my page header I see that type of thing (the id have been
shortened to avoid line breaks):
<script type="text/javascript" id="**"><!--/*--><![CDATA[/*><!--*/
wicketAjaxDebugEnable=true;
/*-->]]>*/</script>

The thing is that Liferay now strips out the carriage returns on
embedded javascript, so the sequence became (shortened):

The javascript is then not executed.
Seeing this, I am wondering if the comment added by Wicket is correct.
It seems there is not a good match between /* and */ so that would
explain that the code is considered as beeing commented out and so not
executed...

Any thought on this?

Regards,
--