Yeah as I mentioned previously I am using a Property Model.

I just think it is counter intuitive that the property model would bypass the
setter and inject the value onto the field
just because there was not getter!

Seems like preferred behavior would be to do one of the following

1) use the setter if there is one, irregardless of whether there is a getter or
not..
2) throw an error if you try to use a property model and you only have the
setter but no getter...

D/