You can not do it directly in HTML - it breaks the separation of concerns.
 But, you can create a WebMarkupContainer, set the visibility on it, and
nest your HTML within it.  Then you can control the visibility for that
entire block with only the single component.  Also, see wicket:enclosure.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com