Yes:

<wicket:link>
<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='../../../../style.css'/>
</wicket:link>

WicketMessage: Exception in rendering component: [MarkupContainer
[Component id = _link2]]
Root cause:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid path ../../../../style.css

The path is valid because if I click on it in the IDE then the stle
sheet is opened. I really want better IDE integration with Wicket, and
I think that does not exist.

... you no longer need to use autolink. As of a couple of days ago in
1.3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT, any href/src/whatever elements that are in
your HTML will be prepended to make them context-relative, no matter
where your page is mounted.

Unfortunately, the intended result would not be satisfactory even
without failure. I don't want to
- have the wicket filter serve the resources
- have the resources stored under WEB-INF/classes

So I tried in init()
getResourceSettings(addResourceFolder("wicket"));

but that is where Wicket support ends because I still have to use
<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='style.css'/> which works
at runtime but not for any IDE for offline viewing and refactoring.

Don't you think it would be time for Wicket to catch up with modern
IDE HTML features? We can't use them.

http://wicket.apache.org/

Line 2:

"With proper mark-up/logic separation ..."

?

Not really.

It works for the framework and component developers who want to bundle
the resources with their packages, but it does not work for page
development which has totally different requirements.

Regards

Bernard