On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 1:00 AM, DmitryM <nsk...@aol.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot for a prompt response, Jeremy
>

> Jeremy Thomerson wrote:
> >
> > A lot of stuff is stored in the session:
> >

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/branches/wicket-1.4.x/wicket/src/main/java/org/apache/wicket/Session.java
> >

> Well, I'm know about this class (probably, not that much as really
> needed)...
> It doesn't seem to have _a lot_ of stuff (those transient fields don't get
> replicated with session clustering, do they?)...
>
> Do you know if _all_ that stuff (which will be serialized when clustered)
> is
> absolutely needed for the app?
> Like app meta data... or usedPageMaps (to me it shows as empty collection
> in
> debugger)...
>
> Thanks again,
> Dmitry

The session is the storage point for things related to the user's "session"
of use in your app.  Only replicating part of it is guaranteed to break
things.  If you implemented a page store that uses hazelcast, why not
implement a session store that does this?

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com