Huh?

Storing the HTML in the packages has *nothing* to do with requiring
restarts. Only wrongly configured IDEs may cause that.

If your HTML doesn't get reloaded when you change it, then you should
run Wicket in DEVELOPMENT mode. Also make sure you've configured
Eclipse to copy all resources (not just .properties files)

The Wicket Quickstart project and using Maven to generate your eclipse
project files (mvn eclipse:eclipse) will configure everything
correctly.

Martijn

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 11:18 PM,  <b...@actrix.gen.nz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For best performance of redeploys in Wicket, consider storing HTML not
> in the Java package structure but in the web directory. So if your IDE
> and app server allow for hot deployment, then HTML changes deploy much
> faster, ie instantly. In your application init(), you add one
> statement
>
> getResourceSettings().addResourceFolder("wicket");
>
> where "wicket" matches the url-pattern in your filter-mapping in
> web.xml.
>
> PLease see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-2881 for some
> background on how to take this one step further.
>
> Additionally, with GlassFish V3, you get session preservation on hot
> deployment of Java classes.
>
> You can enable "deploy on save" for convenience.
>
> If that is not fast enough, you can run your app in debug mode and hot
> swap classes after save while you are debugging it.
>
> All this comes with the NetBeans IDE. You really don't have to worry
> about this stuff anymore.
>
> Regards
>
> Bernard
>

> On Sat, 29 May 2010 16:12:46 +0100, you wrote:
>
>>have you tried JRebel?  I've not used it myself, but there was an
>>interview on JavaPosse recently, sounds like it'd be an ideal fit for
>>any Wicket developer.
>>
>>Dan
>>
>>On 22/07/28164 20:59, David Chang wrote:
>>> I am using Tomcat, any tips about how to develop out recompiling/restarting
>>> after every change?
>>>
>>> Best.

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.8