Our web application uses wicket with an assortment of utility servlets
that we use to service requests with specific paths. In order to use
forwarding instead of redirecting we recently, as suggested on this
list, switched our wicket app filter to use the /* (root) context
instead of the the more specific context that we used to use eg.,
/wicketpages. This has enabled us to overcome many problems we were
having with our collection of wicket/raw servlets.

We now have another issue:

A servlet with a pattern, say /myservlet needs to do a forward to a path
whose response is produced by a wicket mounted BookmarkablePage, let's
say /wicketpages/home. This all works fine except when we click on a
BookmarkablePageLinkS created in that page (eg., /wicketpages/contact,
/wicketpages/aboutus etc).

Instead of the URL pointing to eg.,

/wicketpages/aboutus

it points to

/myservlet/wicketpages/aboutus

Which obviously fails because our wicket BookmarkablePages are mounted
at  paths like /wicketpages/aboutus not /myservlet/wicketpages/aboutus.

Is there a way to tell wicket that the context is something different to
what it is and so form a correct 'relative' URL? If I could fool wicket
into thinking that the context path is root "/" then that would work I
would think.

The problem is not limited to BookmarkablePageLinks - all AJAX
behaviours also fail as well when the /myservlet page is accessed but
work fine when the page is accessed via /wicketpages/home.