I got the same problem!
Did you solve it already?
If yes, I would be glad to get some help!

I just disabled the weekend days in DatePicker by overriding the method

@Override
protected String getAdditionalJavascript() {

        additionalJavascript += "${calendar}.addWeekdayRenderer(1,
${calendar}.renderOutOfBoundsDate);"; // disable sundays
                additionalJavascript += "${calendar}.addWeekdayRenderer(7,
${calendar}.renderOutOfBoundsDate);"; // disable saturdays

                return additionalJavascript;
}

It works, but not when displaying the DatePicker first time. Just after I
did some action in it. (e.g. changing the month)

Thank you!

Ralph