Hi Erwin,

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Erwin Bolwidt <ebolw...@worldturner.nl> wrote:
> Hi Ernesto,
>
> Just got the 1.4.9 source code and I see what you mean.

As a rule I always install the source code of any OpenSouce software I
use: Javadoc could be wrong or outdated but source code will never
mislead you;-)

> But why is it like this?
> I copied the whole Image source code to a new class, removed this initModel
> method, and then things work fine if I don't supply a model.

Sorry Erwin but i don't know why this decision was taken... I just did
the same as you did: look into the source code and figured out this
was the reason. Maybe some of the core developers can comment on this?
Or if you think your  use case is a valid one just file a RFE on
wicket site.

Best,

Ernesto