I wrote my own class MilitaryDateTimeField extends TextField<DateTime>
implements AbstractTextComponent.ITextFormatProvider ....

which displays both date and time in a single text field in the format
mentioned above.

But the problem is, if I select a different date, the textfield renders with
a selected date but resets the previous hours and minutes to a string kk:mm

How do I retain the hours and minutes if a date changes on the textfield.

Is there a way to convey to the textfield not to rerender the whole field
but only the datepart.

Main objective of this code is not to have more than one textfield (say
textfield for date, textfield for hours etc...)

Note: I am using org.joda.time.DateTime internally to achieve all the
datetime in a single field..

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks for your time

Jamuna.