Hi All,

I have what seems like a strange problem with refreshing a DataView.

I have a WebMarkupContainer that contains a DataView.
The DataView uses a SortableDataProvider as its DataProvider.
The WebMarkupContainer uses the DataView's SortableDataProvider
to determine if there are any items to be displayed within the DataView.
If there any items then the WebMarkupContainer's isVisible() method
returns true, and therefore the WebMarkupContainer and DataView should
be rendered.

I am also using a ModalWindow to add new items to the DataView.
On exiting from the ModalWindow, I am using an AjaxRequestTarget
to refresh the WebMarkupContainer and therefore redraw the DataView
with the new item added to it.

This all works fine IF there were already items in the DataView when
it was first rendered during the initial loading of its page.

If the DataView is initially empty then the WebMarkupContainer
is not rendered as expected on page load. My issue is that adding new
items via the ModalWindow does not cause the WebMarkupContainer and
DataView to be rendered. Via debugging, I can see that the
WebMarkupContainer's isVisible() method is returning true yet nothing
appears.

Any suggestions on resolving this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Steve