>Ok, this is fun. It was due to an error in my script.
>
>I've been doing Java for so many years that I forgot how to use a
dynamic
>language. I guess I'm too used to having the compiler tell me how much
of
>an idiot I am so I have less pain at runtime. ;-)

Humans aren't perfect - that's why humans invented typesafe languages!
:)

>BTW, for you experts in js, is there any kind of compiler or validator
or
>something that you use to help locate errors? Or do you just play
around
>with things at runtime? Or are you just smarter than me and don't make
so
>many typos?

Not wanting to start a flame war with the dynamic language advocates...

Given the complexity of software development I find it amazing that the
'non typesafe language' advocates are so willing to give up one of the
best 'error avoidance mechanims' known to the programming world over the
last 3 decades.

Much better I find a bug at compile time than have it slip through
testing and then have customers find it at run time ...

But that's my personal opinion and others are free to have theirs'