Daniel,
     Help!
     I am running into the same exception. But I had a harsher situation. In
my case I have a component called box who can have many images in it. A
modal window permits adding images to boxes - your case: modal window and
refreshing back page -  which you can click and send you to another page. I
have plenty of these boxes into my app. The exception only occurs for the
new images added. As I had plenty of boxes, I cannot take your patch for my
case. It would be burdensome.

Have you found any solution to this kind of not proven bug, but repeated in
many cases?

thanks in advance