Hi

Yeah I did have only the setModelObject() but it did not clear it that is
why I added this. Maybe I have not used it correctly.Since you mentioned

'Note: componentInstance.setModelObject will call modelChanged from within
if the model is actually changed'

If the model is actually changed. That is what I am not sure, when does it
get notified that a change has happened.?Setting of an entirely new instance
in the model should do that isn't it. Please see code below.

FYI:

StudyModel is the bean that contains other objects. It is bound to a form
using CPM.

onNew(){

           StudyModel studyModel;
            if(form != null && form.getModelObject() != null){
                studyModel = form.getModelObject();
                studyModel.setStudy(new Study());//a hibernate entity
                form.setModelObject(studyModel);
                form.modelChanged();//--> added this one to clear the data.
                form.clearInput();
            }

Thanks again
Niv