On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:18 PM, James Carman
<ja...@carmanconsulting.com>wrote:

> The problem with using the AspectJ-injected references occurs when you
> pass your reference to another class (such as a model, for instance).
> That class may not be instrumented via AspectJ to handle the
> serialization/deserialization properly for that reference.  So, it
> will fail.
>
> I also think it is a dodgy approach with aspect J and that it's best to
avoid it. Also, because it involves additional configuration and more
complexity.

The simplest solution appears to be to inject using the onBeforeRender
listener. The disadvantage is however that I will be doing this injection
too many times (every construction and onBeforeRender).