Ok, the value will be hashed, one-way...anyone have any ideas?

James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Sent by: jcar...@carmanconsulting.com
08/02/2010 04:42 PM
Please respond to
users@wicket.apache.org

users@wicket.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Encrypt Form Fields Using JS

Then it's not "encryption".  Encrypted data should be readable to those
who
have the "key."

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 3:29 PM, <mzem...@osc.state.ny.us> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, that would work however per our business rules the
> encryption must be one-way and will not be decrypted...
>

> Igor Vaynberg <igor.vaynb...@gmail.com>
> 08/02/2010 03:23 PM
> Please respond to
> users@wicket.apache.org

> users@wicket.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: Encrypt Form Fields Using JS
>

> override getinputasarray() on the field and decrypt it there, that way
> wicket sees the decrypted value
>
> -igor
>
> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 12:14 PM,  <mzem...@osc.state.ny.us> wrote:
> > I totally agree, seems like double-duty that accomplishes very little,
> and
> > actually adds overhead.  But this is another debate and the feature
has
> > been requested and must be implemented as I described...
> >

> > "Craig McIlwee" <craig.mcil...@openroadsconsulting.com>
> > 08/02/2010 03:06 PM
> > Please respond to
> > users@wicket.apache.org

> > users@wicket.apache.org
> > cc
> >
> > Subject
> > Re: Encrypt Form Fields Using JS
> >

> > Why not use a password field to keep the value hidden and SSL to make
> sure
> > there are no man in the middle attacks.  Seems like you are making it
> too
> > hard?

This