Thank you all for your feedback.  This helps.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: Rodolfo Hansen [mailto:kry...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 12:30 PM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Re: any good ideas about how to add a confirm check before leaving a
page?

On Tue, 2010-08-10 at 16:08 +0200, Leszek Gawron wrote:

> On 2010-08-10 15:11, Joe Hudson wrote:
> > Thank you very much for the response but my issue is not a simple as
> > this....
> >
> > Say I have a page with navigation links and the page doesn't "know" about
> > the navigation links because they are controlled by functionality provided
> > in the superclass.  What I am trying to do is deal with the case where the
> > user clicks a link of that type and intercept that event.  Does anyone have
> > any advice?  Thanks.
>
> Do you need to intercept the event or just as user for permission to
> leave the page? If the latter:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/composite-behaviors.html

You can also find an implemented version of this behaviour here:

http://code.google.com/p/koodaripalvelut-wicket/

You would want the change detector project.

If your requirements are more conplex and you need to add a behavior to
that link specifically, (to do something on the server, you should just
add a AjaxEventBehaviour for that button, or simply do a
replace(Component) on your child page.