FWIW, I use Spring Security for everything I do in Wicket.  I was the original
author of the Shiro-to-Wicket code on Wicket Stuff (somehow the attributions
got lost in there), and if you don't need all the adaptors for stuff like LDAP
(maybe Shiro has that by now), it's really worth looking at.

There's most of what you need for Spring Security in the Brix security example
as well.

The first time I secured a Wicket app, I went through great pains to use
someone else's framework.  But the fact is Wicket's security was designed by
geniuses, so it's a snap to work with.  You really need to use a lot of
features in Spring Security before it will save you time in the end.