This evening I  started getting a strange error which does not appear to be
connected with anything that has changed in my application code. The
exception I am getting related to the wicket-extensions jar:

WicketMessage: Unable to find component with id 'panel' in [MarkupContainer
[Component id = tabs]]. This means that you declared wicket:id=panel in your
markup, but that you either did not add the component to your page at all,
or that the hierarchy does not match.
[markup =
jar:file:/Users/davidfield/springsource/tc-server-6.0.20.C/webapps/hapoalim-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/wicket-extensions-1.4.9.jar!/org/apache/wicket/extensions/markup/html/tabs/TabbedPanel.html

Futrher on in the exception, it's again clearly stated that the problem is
in the jar:
The problem is in
"jar:file:/Users/davidfield/springsource/tc-server-6.0.20.C/webapps/hapoalim-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/wicket-extensions-1.4.9.jar!/org/apache/wicket/extensions/markup/html/tabs/TabbedPanel.html":

Why would this suddenly start happening - this is a jar I  have been using
for months.