In HttpsRequestCycleProcessor, line 214 (Wicket 1.4.10):

Session.get().bind();

With the comment that the session needs to be persisted before redirecting to https. But this is called before checking if a redirect is necessary or not (line 217, request could already be https). Result: no temporary sessions.

In our scenario this causes severe trouble:
we have a Tomcat cluster consisting of 3 different nodes, every request to a page is loadbalanced between these 3 nodes (loading of resource files for that page, i.e. images/css/js). The Tomcats are configured to use jsessionid for session management. As requests to resources referenced from within css files (images) do not contain jsessionid, a new session is created upon every single call to an image resource. With the Session.get().bind() as mentioned above (we use https for everything), this results in several new (not temporary) sessions for every single page ...

My proposal would be to call Session.get().bind() in line 200, where you are sure that a redirect is needed.

Or am I getting something wrong here?

Cheers,
   -Tom