On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 11:20 PM, nivs <shravann...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks mate, I will investigate more on this, but can you elaborate it a
> little bit?
>
> I can think of the following
>
> 1. When the application starts up, the servlet will be loaded up.
> 2. In its init(), I would have to create a process that is more like a
> daemon and waits for it to be requested or invoked.
> 3. From the GUI, actor uploads a file - this has to delegate the request to
> the servlet.Which then does the job
>
> Am i on the right track?
> Cheers

You're over-complicating things.  He meant just write a regular ol' servlet.
 Servlets already respond to HTTP requests - there's no daemon junk to worry
about.  Write a servlet, put it in your web.xml and make your upload form
submit to it instead of Wicket.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com