... if you need to limit this custom message to a particular type
conversion, like BigDecimal's, you may have to override
newConversionException in your own BigDecimal converter (which you can
register at application level or by overriding getConverter on your
component), and setting the resourceMessage on the ConversionException
(in newConversionException ) - but I'd be surprised if there is not a
more elegant way to achieve this?!

Regards - Cemal
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development