Hi,

You could look at creating a custom subclass of FormComponentPanel that would contain both panel A and panel B.

Then for its validation you would process the checks that depend on the valid values from A and B.

This way you don't need any type of "hack" and the data is naturally available to the parent container component.

If there is an object R that contains the values from A and B you could put the logic in convertInput() like this:

MyFormComponentPanel<R>:

       protected void convertInput() {

        panelA.validate();
        panelB.validate();

        if (panelA.isValid() && panelB.isValid()) {
            R r = new R (panelA.getModelObject(), panelB.getModelObject())
            setConvertedInput(r);
       }

There are probably other options aswell.

Regards,

Mike

this seems a rather simple question on the first sight, but I can't seem to
find a clean solution to this.

Image you have a Panel A that allows the User to input his Passport-Data,
further image you have another Panel B, that allows you to input the
Personal Data (like Birthday), now image you need to validate
Passport-Data.
To Validate this, you need to know both Birthday (from Panel B) and the Data
from Panel A.

How to solve this Problem without Hacking around?
It seems clear, that a FormValidator is needed here... is it?

How should I validate two components, that do not know each other? Surely, I
could expose the inner components from Panel B and Panel A to a
FormValidator, OR ..

Everything looks like a Hack, is there a really clean way how to solve this
in Wicket?

Thanks in advance for ANY hints and help