Looks great, thanks for the link.

+1 on CouchDB, et al vs only DB4o,
Wicket+Scala+Couch is a really nice stack

Thanks

On 9/21/10 11:42 PM, Thomas Kappler wrote:
On 09/22/10 03:41, Sam Stainsby wrote:
Today we officially announced our project to provide a Wicket-DB4O-Scala
web application stack:

http://sustainablesoftware.com.au/blog/?p=77

"I’m pleased to announce a new web application framework, called Granite,
and an associated set of reusable libraries, called Uniscala. Please note
that this is a work in progress: we are not announcing a release yet, or
even a beta. A number people have started asking about the project, and
so I felt it would be helpful to let the wider world know what is going
on."

"Granite is a lightweight framework for the rapid development of web
applications. It is based on the very cool and richly featured Apache
Wicket web framework. Granite uses an embedded object database that
avoids the need for SQL or Object-Relational Mappers (ORMs), and, in the
Wicket tradition, is proud of, if not smug about, its distinct lack of
external XML configuration files."

Hey,

I find that quite exciting.

Now that you've done the hard work of fitting a non-relational store
into a Wicket-based framework, do you think it would be hard to
substitute other data stores such as Redis, CouchDB, BDB for DB4O?

-- Thomas