That is the whole point of externallink: it links to an external URL.
If you want to receive the request prior to sending the user onwards,
use a proper Link and redirect the browser to the external url using
setRequestTarget(new RedirectRequestTarget(url));

Martijn

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 4:55 PM, Abid K <abz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the ExternalLink class for external sites. I've noticed
> this class does not implement the ILinkListener interface and I am not
> able to monitor these clicks.
>
> I tried to implement the listener, but I did not get far. e.g.
> public class MonitorExternalLink extends ExternalLink implements
> ILinkListener {
> }
>
> Does anyone know how I can implement a listener on the ExternalLink class?
>
> Thanks

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.8