Again, I can offer a hack :D

public class DoSomeHackBehavior extends AbstractBehavior {

        private static final long serialVersionUID = 3554634545756435367L;

        @Override
        public void onComponentTag(Component component, ComponentTag tag) {
                FormComponent<?> comp = (FormComponent<?>) component;
                        tag.getAttributes().remove("onblur");

after that, you can add this behaviour to any component

component.add(new DoSomeHackBehaviour());

:D

I have found that Wicket adds an onblur Ajax call to every HTML event you
can define for the AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior on a DropDownChoice
control.  I haven't tested this on other controls.  This means your server
will be getting an extra Ajax call each time a user moves focus away from
the dropdown, even if they didn't change the dropdown selection.   This
seems like a bug.