The quickstart was sent to the list this morning at 10:04 MST.  Does it
need to be resent?

Shelli

-----Original Message-----
From: nino martinez wael [mailto:nino.martinez.w...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 11:52 AM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Re: PropertyModel Not Refreshing

No dont think so.. Please provide a quickstart.. I have had property
models
working in 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 so must be error 42:)

2010/10/12 Shelli Orton <shelli.or...@sjrb.ca>

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for file.  Your first email was missing these changes:
>
>    IModel<RecordA> selectedRecordAModel;  (I had set mine to
> PropertyModel<RecordA> selectedRecordAModel;)
>    recordAs.setModel(selectedRecordAModel)
>
> However, even with those changes applied, I still get the same issue
of the
> selected record not updating in the edit group.
>
> I am deploying in Glassfish v3.  Could that have anything to do with
my
> problems?
>
> Shelli

I can
> [...]
>        recordAs.setChoices(recordAsModel);
>        recordAs.setChoiceRenderer(new RecordARenderer());
>
>        //            recordAs = (DropDownChoice<RecordA>) new
> DropDownChoice<RecordA>("recordAs",
>        //                    new PropertyModel<RecordA>(this,
> "selectedRecordA"),
>        //                    recordAsModel,
>        //                    new RecordARenderer());
>
>        recordAs.setNullValid(false);
>
>        selectForm.add(recordAs);
>
>        add = new Button("add")
>        {
>            private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
>
>            public void onSubmit()
>            {
>                setSelectedRecordA(new RecordA());
>                isNew = true;
>                editLegend = "New";
>                editGroup.setVisible(true);
>                selectGroup.setVisible(false);
>            }
>        };
>
>        selectForm.add(add);
>
>        edit = new Button("edit")
>        {
>            private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
>
>            public void onSubmit()
>            {
>                if (selectedRecordA == null)
>                {
>                    info("You must select a record to edit.");
>                }
>                else
>                {
>                    unmodifiedRecordA = selectedRecordA.getName();
>                    isNew = false;
>                    editLegend = "Edit";
>                    editGroup.setVisible(true);
>                    selectGroup.setVisible(false);
>                }
>            }
>        };
>
>        selectForm.add(edit);
>
>        delete = new Button("delete")
>        {
>            private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
>
>            public void onSubmit()
>            {
>                if (selectedRecordA == null)
>                {
>                    info("You must select a record to delete.");
>                }
>                else
>                {
>                    // Delete the selected record
>                    unmodifiedRecordA = selectedRecordA.getName();
>                    recordAService.delete(selectedRecordA.getName());
>                    selectedRecordA = null;
>                    info("Deleted '" + unmodifiedRecordA + "'");
>
>                    // Force refresh of records list
>                    RecordAPanel.this.recordAsModel.detach();
>                }
>            }
>        };
>
>        // Add confirmation dialog box
>        delete.add(new SimpleAttributeModifier("onclick",
>                "if (!confirm('Please confirm you want to delete this
> record') ){ return false; }"));
>
>        selectForm.add(delete);
>        selectGroup.add(selectForm);
>
>        this.add(selectGroup);
>
>        // ************* Edit Group *************
>
>        editGroup = new WebMarkupContainer("editGroup");
>
>        editLegendLabel = new Label("editLegend", new
PropertyModel(this,
> [...]
>                        info("Updated '"
>                                +
> RecordAPanel.this.selectedRecordA.getName()
>                                + "'");
>                }
>
>                // TODO Update the dropdown list?
>
>                editGroup.setVisible(false);
>                selectGroup.setVisible(true);
>            }
>        };
>
>        editForm.add(save);
>
>        cancel = new Button("cancel")
>        {
>            private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
>
>            public void onSubmit()
>            {
>                RecordAPanel.this.selectedRecordA = null;
>                editGroup.setVisible(false);
>                selectGroup.setVisible(true);
>            }
>        };
>
>        cancel.setDefaultFormProcessing(false);
>        editForm.add(cancel);
>
>        editGroup.add(editForm);
>
>        editGroup.setVisible(false);
>        this.add(editGroup);
>    }
>
>    public RecordA getSelectedRecordA()
>    {
>        return selectedRecordA;
>    }
>
>    public void setSelectedRecordA(RecordA selectedRecordA)
>    {
>        this.selectedRecordA = selectedRecordA;
>    }
>
>    public LoadableDetachableModel<List<RecordA>> recordAsModel = new
> LoadableDetachableModel<List<RecordA>>()
>    {
>        private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
>
>        @Override
>        protected List<RecordA> load()
>        {
>            return recordAService.getList();
>        }
>
>        public void detach()
>        {
>            super.detach();
>        }
>    };
>
>    // TODO change this to LDM?
>    List<RecordB> getRecordBs()
>    {
>        return recordBService.getList();
>    }
>
>    class RecordARenderer implements IChoiceRenderer<RecordA>
>    {
>        private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
>
>        public Object getDisplayValue(RecordA recordA)
>        {
>            return recordA.getName();
>        }
>
>        public String getIdValue(RecordA recordA, int index)
>        {
>            return recordA.getName();
>        }
>    }
>
>    class RecordBRenderer implements IChoiceRenderer<RecordB>
>    {
>        private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
>
>        public Object getDisplayValue(RecordB recordB)
>        {
>            return recordB.getName();
>        }
>
>        public String getIdValue(RecordB recordB, int index)

org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.AbstractSingleSelectChoice.convertCho
> >> iceIdToChoice(AbstractSingleSelectChoice.java:247)
> >>
> >> 3. Create a new record and try to save it and get
> >> WicketRuntimeException:
> >>
> >>    WicketMessage: Attempted to set property value on a null object.
> >> Property expression: name Value: New One
> >>
> >>    Root cause:
> >>
> >>    org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Attempted to set
property
> >> value on a null object. Property expression: name Value: New One
> >>    at

org.apache.wicket.util.lang.PropertyResolver.setValue(PropertyResolver.j

ml-node+2968688-305091622-65...@n4.nabble.com<ml-node%2B2968688-30509162
2-65...@n4.nabble.com>
> <ml-node%2B2968688-30509162
> >> 2-65...@n4.nabble.com>

> >> work
> >> help.

> >> Action
> >> to edit

> >> property
Name=A-One

org.apache.wicket.util.lang.PropertyResolver.setValue(PropertyResolver.j
> >> ava:125)

org.apache.wicket.model.AbstractPropertyModel.setObject(AbstractProperty
> >> Model.java:169)

org.apache.wicket.Component.setDefaultModelObject(Component.java:3125)

> >> methods,
> >> button

> >> empty
> >> cannot
> >> layer
> >> RecordA

This
> >> is
> >> the

> >> that the
> >> doing

I'm
> >> going
I'd

Wicket.

> >> database
> >> each
> >> two
> >> list
> >> button
> >> save
> >> used

> >> edit
> >> null
> >> the
> >> edit
correct/selected

> >> then
DDC
> >> edit

> >> cancel
> >> can't
> >> the

> >> can
> >> So

"Attribute"));

> >> RequiredTextField<String>("recordNameText",

PropertyModel<Attribute>(MyRecordPanel.this,

http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/DropDownChoice-Model-Confusio

ml-node+1842946-398011874-65...@n4.nabble.com<ml-node%2B1842946-39801187
4-65...@n4.nabble.com>

here<http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/template/TplServlet.jtp
> ?

tpl=unsubscribe_by_code&node=1842946&code=amNnYXJjaWFtQGdtYWlsLmNvbXwxOD