What does the Wicket AJAX debug window say in that response?

Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com
-- sent from my "smart" phone, so please excuse spelling, formatting, or
compiler errors

On Oct 13, 2010 12:20 AM, "LutherBaker" <lutherba...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have created an outer list of areaGroups such that each group item
contains
a list of areas.

I am displaying a ModalWindow and editing an area. After changing the area's
name, I submit it via an AjaxSubmitButton which initially added the ListView
associated with a particular group. Obviously that failed (can't add a
repeater to an AjaxTargetRequest) at which point I added a
WebMarkupContainer to the markup.

       <dl wicket:id="group.list" class="groupList">
        <dt>[group name]</dt>
        <wicket:container wicket:id="item.list.container">
        <dd wicket:id="item.list">
                       Edit
        [item name]
        </dd>
        </wicket:container>
       </dl>

I feed this inner ListView with a LodableDetachableModel where I
fetchAreasByAreaGroup:

               @Override
               protected List<Area> load() {
                       return dataService.fetchAreasByAreaGroup(areaGroup);
               }

I also created a WebMarkupContainer in code and set its outputMarkupId:

               final WebMarkupContainer itemListContainer = new
WebMarkupContainer("item.list.container");
               itemListContainer.setOutputMarkupId(true);

I store the markup container in a hashmap keyed by AreaGroup which allows me
to, from the ModalWindow, retrieve the markup container associated with the
edited area's AreaGroup. Which I then add to the AjaxRequestTarget in the
ModalWindow's form's AjaxButton.onSubmit handler:

                                       final WebMarkupContainer container =
areaPage.getWebMarkupContainer(area.getAreaGroup());
                                       target.addComponent(container);

So all is well. It all compiles and the page loads without error. So, again,
I pop the ModalWindow up, change the name and put a breakpoint in the code.
I can see the AjaxRequestTarget add the container. I can see that the
container is not null. I can see the dataService retrieve the new area. I
can see the code execute which populates the inner ListView I mentioned
earlier - with the updated area properties.

But, after the ModalWindow goes away, the underlying screen representation
doesn't change. The old name is still displayed.

Here is a snippet of the generated markup where you can see
"item_list_container53" which identifies the wicket:container that I wish to
repaint.

       <dl wicket:id="group.list" class="groupList">
        <dt>Work</dt>
        <wicket:container wicket:id="item.list.container"
id="item_list_container53">
        <dd wicket:id="item.list">
                       Edit
        Hammerhead
scale infrastructure skills</div>
        </dd>
        </wicket:container>
       </dl><dl wicket:id="group.list" class="groupList">
        <dt>Business Ventures</dt>
        <wicket:container wicket:id="item.list.container"
id="item_list_container55">
        <dd wicket:id="item.list">
                       Edit
        Fuzzy Bearings
Effort</div>
        </dd>
        </wicket:container>
       </dl>

Any thoughts on what I am missing?

Thanks in advance,
-Luther

PS: Please note that nabble will not accept posts with 'onclick' text in the
code snippet 'a' tags ... so I specifically edited "onClick" to simply be
"click" in the code snippets.