In our application, we want to do the following:
1) Keep a hidden field in a form with a specified id
2) At a certain point in the app,  change the value of the field (or hide it
completely using setVisible(false)).
3) In the onClick javascript event of a link,  check either the existence of
the field or it's value using document.getElementById().

This way, we can determine whether or not to bring up a dialog box.

But how?
1) We cannot use the id to get the hidden field, because if the field is
controlled by Wicket, the id will change.
2) If the hidden field is not controlled by Wicket, we cannot change
anything about it (like say setVisible(), or changing it's class attribute
using AttributeModifier).

What is the best way to do this?