Has the extension point for setting your page store changed? I believe
newSessionStore() has been removed in 1.5

In wicket 1.4 this is what was needed in you Application

@Override
        protected void init() {
                super.init();

                //remove thread monitoring from resource watcher
                this.getResourceSettings().setResourcePollFrequency(null);
        }

@Override

        protected ISessionStore newSessionStore()
        {
                return new HttpSessionStore(this);//            return new
SecondLevelCacheSessionStore(this, new InMemoryPageStore());
        }